Monday, September 15, 2008

Ike Update

Thankfully everyone in the Hobock, Walts, Gorski, Cotrone and Snow Family are safe and doing fine. Conner, Papa Jay (my dad) and I stayed at my house.

This is how my house looked the day before the hurricane:

And this is how it looked the next day:


We were very blessed. My fence is torn apart in 3 spots in my back yard but that's a nothing deal in my mind. My neighbors had severe roof damage, a couple of chimneys that flew off, water damage, etc.

Below is a picture of our "safe room" (ok cleaned out closet) with Conner's twin mattress in the event the winds got too bad or we heard a tornado. We were all set, but didn't need to use it!


My Mom, Dad, Grandparents and Sisters' houses are all ok too. We had Angels looking out for us, that's for sure.


NOW FOR THE BAD


My Dad's Mini Storage Business is a couple of miles away from my house and I'll let you assess the damage below:

This is his neighbors roof which is now on my Dad's property:


Here's a different angle:




This is the front office as well as an apartment that the on-site Manager lives in



And here is what is left of the roof that was once on the office/apartment above



Another angle of the roof



Here's what is left of the living room



And this is what's left of the bedroom


Fortunately the family is ok and working to pick up the pieces. I'm proud of how my Dad is handling the situation and helping this family rebuild their lives. In my opinion, he is going above and beyond what most business owners would do and it's a very refreshing thing to see. Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. Jenn

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Jenn jenn i was worried about you and Conner! I am so glad you guys are OK!!! Your dad sounds like a wonderful man!!!

Love ya
M