Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Meet The Family Part 1 - LADIES FIRST so GIGI'S UP!

Conner,
You are one very loved child so this "meeting the family" business will have to be broken into several parts! As the only Grandchild and Great Grandchild on my side of the family, lets just say Christmas time and presents are crazy. I thought we'd start with the ladies in your life who love you so much and in so many special ways. Today is GiGi (My Mom's) Day.


GiGi (Gorgeous Grandma!) is quite a fan to say the least. As a matter of fact, you are over her house right now and you guys just got back from swimming. She was so very excited when she learned about you in my tummy. She helped me plan your nursery, bought your crib and all the bedding. She even outfitted you in your special "going home from the hospital" clothes seen in the last post. It was straight from Niemens! She searched for weeks for the perfect outfit for you and I still have it and treasure it today. I think I was wearing some "Cherokee" from Target by the way as I was still big as a house.


Last week you were really missing your GiGi and asked if you could go spend some time with her. I told you that you would have to call and ask. You so humbly stated "she won't mind at all; she loves it when I spend the night!" Well Son, you got your wish and we all had a blast together. While I was working you guys went bowling and played and who knows what else. All I know is that when I got to GiGi's you were both worn out but you were still talking 90 miles a minute telling me about your day.

I found this picture and it reminded me of the special day we had driving to see the blue bonnets and then going into Capital Hill for the County Fair. What a fun day walking around, eating popcorn and cotton candy and seeing the inside of a fire truck for the very first time. Another fun trip is when we went to stay at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort and Spa and go to Sea World. It was in November and the Resort had a "Floating River." You wanted so baldy to go in but it was really cold. You didn't seem to mind and went in anyway and proceeded to get GiGi wet. She of course was a good sport. Oh the memories.
Last week when we were spending the night, you and GiGi were playing "Old Maid." She kept on losing (you weren't even cheating this time) and you proceeded to tell her it was because "She really is an Old Maid." That made me laugh.
About a month ago you and I were on the trampoline looking at the stars and decided to get the telescope out that GiGi gave you for Christmas to "see them better." Well I couldn't get the darn thing to work and you so politely told me that "if GiGi were here she could fix it; she can fix anything!" Well Son, she's a pretty amazing woman, Mom and Grandma. We are pretty lucky aren't we. Thanks GiGi for all that you do for us.
Love,
Mom

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Very nice Jenn jenn! Girlie, you finally have a blog and a very nice one at that!!!
M

Just For Conner said...

Thanks for stopping by Michelle! Yep, you and Deb put the little bug in my ear and looky here! Thanks again, Jenn