Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Welcome Conner!


Dear Conner,
September 20, 2000 at 6:32 PM my world changed forever. That morning, Dad drove me to the hospital with you still kicking and turning in my tummy. It was time for you to meet the world and for my long awaited anticipation to meet you, to finally end. We arrived around 5 AM at Methodist Hospital for the Doctors to start the journey of your arrival. It was the most exciting, scary and happy day of my life. After 13 hours the Doctors decided it was time for you to come out, and fast. Very fast. Daddy held my hand as they rushed us into the operating room where you were born minutes later. I remember them holding you over the blue cloth for me to briefly see you; my heart melted and I cried tears of joy.

The nurses quickly swooped you away to clean you up and take you to a special room to keep you safe. I told Daddy to go and be with you. I had to go to a special room too so the Doctors could take care of me and we were separated for a few hours. It was supposed to be a whole entire day but Papa Jay and I fixed that! Friends and family went from your room to spend time with you and then to my room to spend time with me. They told me how perfect and beautiful you were and I was filled with joy. I was also very sad because I wanted to see and hold you myself, but the Doctors wanted to watch me closely. When everyone was out of my room except for Papa Jay, I asked him to get me a wheelchair and take me to see you. Thankfully he did and minutes later he was wheeling me down the hall with some very upset nurses tailing us. Needless to say, I got to see and hold you. Time stood still as I looked in your tired eyes. It was a rough day for both of us and we desperately needed some sleep. I knew you were safe and went back to my room to sleep.


The next day Zach came to meet you for the first time. I remember him talking to you in my belly. He was so excited to be a Big Brother.

My life changed forever the day you were born. I've never felt the enormous emotions as I have since you were brought into my life. Good days are brighter, laughter is louder, and sadness is more profound. It's like seeing color instead of black and white. Life is so much better.

I can't wait to continue to share our past 7 years together on this blog. It will be a treasure we can look back on and cherish forever. You My Son are the biggest blessing in my life. Every night when we say our prayers together, I always silently thank God for you. You are My Son, My Miracle, My Hope, My Future and My Life. I will do anything for you; always and forever. To the Moon and Back with All my Heart!
Mom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! You have motivated me to start a blog now. I have been putting it off forever! I miss you guys! Conner is getting SO BIG!
Wendy

Just For Conner said...

Hey Wendy! Thanks for stopping by. Since I have mounds of pictures and have yet to start a baby book I thought this was the next best thing! I hope we can get together soon! Love, Jenn