Sunday, August 24, 2008

1st Day of 2nd Grade - Letter


I wrote this letter to stick in Conner's backpack tomorrow. He is VERY nervous about going back to school! I'm hoping I'll get some good pictures to post. Stay tuned!

Dear Conner,

I can’t believe you are starting second grade today. I remember my first day of second grade. I was very nervous about meeting new friends, and sad to be away from my Mommy and Daddy. After a few days, things got better. I met some really great kids who became my friends (and even a boyfriend). I also started to enjoy class a little more each day.

I wanted you to have this special coin to keep in your pocket and remind you how proud I am of the wonderful young man you are. You are so smart and talented Conner. I’m the happiest Mom in the world. Never forget that.

As you start the new school year, you may feel scared or sad at times, but this will pass. Meet new people and remember to be kind to others so they will be kind to you. I hope you have a ton of fun and learn a whole lot too. I will always be here for you to talk to about anything. If you’re happy or sad, excited or mad; whatever you’re feeling I’m here for you. I hope you have a great first day of school. I’m so proud of you.

Always,
Mom

1 comment:

Crazy Kids said...

OMG!!! I just can't believe he is in the 2nd grade already! Mine start mother's day out (ALL 3 of them!) on Wednesday, so we need to book that lunch!