Monday, August 25, 2008

Teary First Day!

Well I hope you all weren't holding your breath for a first day of 2nd grade picture cause it's not gonna happen. If this morning is any indication of how the new school year is going to be, I give up now!

Conner's been dreading today for a while and has shed many tears this past week over it. He woke up several times last night, crying and scared. This morning the fear was compounded. It didn't help that while we were in Galveston this past weekend, someone put pepper spray or pepper sauce on all my car door handles. Yesterday after we loaded up the car and went to the pool, both Conner and I were overcome with burning eyes. At the time I thought we just got sunscreen in them. Well since it happened again this morning, I took a closer look and noticed the nice gift some idiot left us. Off we went to the nurses office to wash out his swelling eye. Now Conner was scared, hurting and screaming. My nerves were shot as I felt I had no control over the situation. I left about 10 minutes later and got a call from the nurse while I was on the road to work. Conner's eye is better but he doesn't want to go to class. I know...big surprise. I pray to God that something magically happens and Conner has a wonderful first day! Miracles do happen, right?

No comments: